The Technical Service Department provides technical advisory services to member First Nation Communities pertaining to housing as follows:
- Complete plan reviews for new housing construction upon requests, and submits changes and recommendations
- Performs compliance inspections on new construction upon request, at the following stages:
- Site Development
- Foundation Construction
- Insulation and Vapour Barrier
- Other as required
- Undertakes detailed conditional assessment inspections and provide cost data to be used as a basis for planning.
- Planning will include budgeting for new construction, renovations and improvements, determining new construction vs. renovating, and maintenance.
- Provide technical advice on all housing related issues.
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
- Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program (RRAP) for Homeowners
- Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program (RRAP) for persons with disabilities
- Home Adaptations for Seniors' Independence (HASI) - Apply directly to CMHC
- Loan Insurance Program On-Reserve with a Ministerial Loan Guarantee (MLG)
- Section 95 Rental Housing Program