Water & Wastewater Management
The Independent First Nations Alliance communities will now have a Water and Wastewater management team that can coordinate and manage the monthly, quarterly and annual operational and more importantly; the maintenance activities that these complex water and wastewater treatment systems require for proper operation.
Our goal is to minimize costly emergency responses and apply corrective maintenance before the small manageable tasks grow into critical issues.
The Water & Wastewater Management Department provides services to member First Nation Communities pertaining to Civil Engineering as follows:
- Provide support for plans and designs of IFNA projects;
- Develop construction specifications for subdivision development;
- Interpret, review plans;
- Process optimization;
- Site inspection of work;
- Monitor and advise on construction work schedules;
- Conduct feasibility studies;
- Project manager for IFNA;
- Prepare contract documents;
- Review and evaluate tenders;
- Supervise technical staff;
- Review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates
The Water & Wastewater Management Department provides services to member First Nation Communities pertaining to Compliance and Training as follows:
- Inspect water and wastewater systems for compliance and health and safety requirements;
- Conduct surveys and monitoring programs of water and wastewater systems;
- Collect samples of water for analysis; measure physical, biological and chemical workplace hazards; and conduct safety and environmental audits;
- Investigate water and wastewater operator complaints;
- Inspect workplaces to ensure that equipment, materials and production processes do not present a safety or health hazard to employees or to the public;
- Develop, implement and evaluate operation and maintenance programs and strategies;
- Provide consultation and deliver training programs to employers, employees and the users on water and wastewater systems;
- Write technical reports and records;
- Assist engineers by conducting field work on construction and maintenance projects.
IFNA HUB HELPLINE
Bob Hember 705-38-5511 | Derek Hill 519-751-9680
Jonathan Gregg 807-252-8027
DEREK HILL, P.ENG.